Golden Circle and Waterfalls, with Friðheimar Farm and Kerið in small group
Embark on an unforgettable journey through Iceland's captivating landscapes with our full-day Golden Circle tour from Reykjavik!
Our adventure begins with a visit to the remarkable Thingvellir National Park, a place of immense historical and geological significance. Here, you'll be awestruck by the very spot where Iceland's ancient parliament was established in 930 A.D. As you wander through this awe-inspiring UNESCO World Heritage site, marvel at the dramatic meeting point of two tectonic plates, an extraordinary testament to the Earth's raw power. We take you to the enchanting Oxararfoss, a hidden gem tucked away in a tranquil setting. Revel in the serenity of this stunning waterfall, immersing yourself in the harmonious embrace of nature's bounty.
Next Stop, Efstidalur dairy farm. Here, indulge your taste buds with their organic and homemade ice creams, lovingly crafted with the freshest ingredients. Delight in the flavors and textures that embody the true essence of Iceland.
Continuing our journey, we encounter the majestic Gullfoss waterfall, a true marvel of nature. Be enchanted by the sheer force and hypnotic beauty of this cascading wonder as it dominates the surrounding landscape. Let the thundering sound of the falling water captivate your senses, leaving an indelible mark on your heart.
Prepare to be enchanted as we venture to the captivating Geysir geothermal area. Witness the exhilarating spectacle of Strokkur, a geyser that erupts every five minutes, shooting a powerful jet of steam and water into the sky. Immerse yourself in this natural wonder, capturing unforgettable moments and embracing the sheer energy of the Earth.
To enrich your experience, we invite you to Friðheimar, a thriving tomato farm where innovation meets sustainability. Gain a fascinating insight into the art of greenhouse horticulture as you witness firsthand how delicious tomatoes are nurtured using the power of geothermal energy, glacial water, and the invaluable contribution of bumblebees. While you're there, don't miss the opportunity to interact with the charming Icelandic horses and capture a cherished selfie with these magnificent creatures.
We also include a visit to Kerið volcanic crater. It is one of several crater lakes in the area, known as Iceland's Western Volcanic Zone, a natural wonder that encapsulates the mystique of Iceland's Western Volcanic Zone. Gaze upon the visually striking caldera, a testament to the awe-inspiring forces that shape our planet.
We put the full emphasis on nature and culture as we tell stories when we ease through the surroundings in a small group. The tour is operated in a minibus and we focus on not exceeding more than 19 people. This way the guide can connect to all passengers and a much nicer vibe is created during the day.
The Golden Circle is Iceland's most popular route and it is not by any coincidence. The route lies not so far from the capital and easily offers a variety of natural scenery to explore as well as many stories from the settlement to our times.
English speaking guide, pick up and drop off from your accommodation and wifi on board the vehicle.
What's not included
Lunch and snacks through the day.
What do I need to bring
Dress according to weather, good shoes and a camera.
- In order to ensure the safety of all passengers, those with reduced mobility must be accompanied by another passenger who will ensure their safety and well-being while on the tour. We recommend passengers with reduced mobility contact us to discuss the risks and options available. Eastwest is not liable in the event of an accident caused by reduced mobility.
- Due to the reduced space available for storage, wheelchair, and mobility scooter users, must contact us before to confirm the measurements of the equipment.
We at EastWest want to assure you that we are well-prepared and ready to give you a fantastic, rewarding and safe holiday. Therefore, we have put together new procedures.
- Please do not travel if you feel unwell or are symptomatic before the trip.
- We kindly ask you to use the same seats all day, as much spread out over the minibus as possible.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of your elbow.
- We clean and disinfect all shared contact surfaces in the vehicle several times per day, mostly those that are frequently touched such as door handles, arm rests, buttons for windows and locks, seatbelts... However, wearing gloves is an effective way to minimise the risk of infection.
- Where and when possible, we keep the door opened to promote air flow through the vehicle.