GOLDEN CIRCLE AND HORSES
On this tour you will explore the world famous Golden Circle & get to know the unique Icelandic horse.
Tour duration 11 Hours
Viking horses and geysers
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour, audio guided in 10 languages! You will see the world famous erupting geyser & hot springs, experience the magnificent Gullfoss Waterfall and follow in the footsteps of the Vikings of old as you walk down the lava canyon where the American and Eurasian continents are literally pulling apart in Þingvellir. The day will end with horse-riding through meadow and lava fields.
The horse riding tour will take us through meadows, lava fields and a small river. We will enjoy the picturesque scenery of volcanic mountains and farmland, passing several farms, giving us an idea of how Icelandic agriculture has developed in the last decades. The trails are good for horse-riding, giving us an opportunity to experience the special gait of the Icelandic horse “tölt”.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
Pro Tip: You can rent warm and waterproof jacket and/or winter boots in the online check out if you did not come prepared for Icelandic winter.
- Þingvellir. Located on the northern shores of lake Þingvallavatn, Þingvellir is the national pride of Iceland and our first National Park. It is, for one, a key location in Icelandic history as the oldest existing parliament in the world first assembled there in 930 AD. Aside from being a location of historical significance, Þingvellir is also protected as a national park due to its unique geology and natural features.
- Geysir. The home of the original geyser and Iceland´s most iconic natural site. There the ground shakes and super heated water erupts into the sky from the famous Strokkur geyser every few minutes.
- Gullfoss Waterfall is a powerful and inspiring place. There the glacier water thunders down 32 meters in three steps and into a narrow canyon
- Horse Riding tour in Icelandic scenic landscape
- Please show up at our Reykjavik Terminal (located at Skógarhlíð 10) 15 minutes prior to the departure time. We kindly ask you to be ready at your pick up point with your voucher, either in digital or printed form.
- If you have booked a hotel pickup with Smartbus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free wifi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included, In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
- Available all year round (depending on weather)
- Age limit is 5 years
- Prices: Children 5-14 years discount price
- Bring with you: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise we sell earphones for ISK 1000.-
- Duration: Approx. 11 hours including a minimum 30 minute stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park. In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
- Important information: You cannot be pregnant for the horse riding tour and if you weigh more than 110 kg, please contact us.
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and usb charger for each seat
- 1 hour horse riding tour with a professional guide
Bring with you: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended
In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise we sell earphones on the bus.