GOLDEN CIRCLE & FONTANA GEOTHERMAL SPA
On this tour you will see some of Iceland’s most iconic sights on The Golden Circle, and and visit the Laugarvatn Fontana Geothermal Baths.
Tour duration 9,5 Hours
Book online and get instant reservation confirmation
Geothermal Spa & The Golden Circle
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Then at the Fontana Spa located at Laugarvatn, take advantage of the panoramic views while enjoying the natural saunas and bathing in the soothing warm pools of varying temperatures. In the saunas, hearing the boiling water bubble and gurgle below the floors is surreal - you can literally feel the geothermal power underneath the earth.
Afterwards we continue on to the geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards at the Geysir Hot spring area. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
Join our tour and step aboard one of our new buses, fully equipped with WiFi connected computer tablets for each guest. The tablets provide you with a continuous stream of relevant information along the journey with a GPS synced Audio Guide, available with a choice of 10 languages. Along the tour our local hosts will make your experience comfortable and are happy to answer any questions you might have about our peculiar country. In each seat you will also find a USB outlet to charge any of your devices.
All in all - it's the perfect combination of activities. Amazing must-do sightseeing, and a relaxing bathe in a geothermal spa set in a gorgeous location!
- Starting off in Reykjavik from our Reykjavik terminal at Skógarhlíð 10 we will depart for Þingvellir, a 45-60 minute ride.
- The tour starts with Þingvellir National Park, the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you walk down the path into a rift valley and admire the view while learning about Icelandic history.
- You will continue on to the Fontana Geothermal Spa, where you can spend about 2hrs soaking in the thermal pools, enjoying the steam baths or the sauna.
- The next stop is at Geysir Hot Springs, the home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland’s most iconic natural attraction. Steaming hot water erupts from the famous Strokkur Geyser every few minutes.
- The last stop is Gullfoss Waterfall, an awesome sight to behold. Here a powerful glacial river cascades down 32 meters on two levels and into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
- We then drive you back towards Reykjavik to our Reykjavik Terminal. If you booked a SmartBus pickup, you will be taken back to your place of stay from here.
This tour is 9.5 hours long including travel time and the time you spend at each location. You spend at least 45 minutes at the major stops giving you plenty of time to enjoy the nature and to take some pictures.
Total distance covered: 290 km or 180 mi
- Please show up at our Reykjavik Terminal (located at Skógarhlíð 10) 15 minutes prior to the departure time. Please be ready at your pick up point with your voucher, either in digital or printed form.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilities as standard. The bus offers free wifi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included, In Geysir, Fontana Spa, and Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
- Available all year round (depending on weather)
- Teenagers 12-15 years 50% discount & children 0-11 years old free
- There is no minimum number of participants.
- There is no age limit
- Bring with you: Bathing suit & Towel. Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- In-Bus-Audio-Guide: We recommend that you bring your own headphones, simply because they will fit you best. It is also great for the environment. If you don’t have your headphones, with you or forgot to bring them, no worries we sell earphones on board.
- Duration: Approx. 9,5 hours including a minimum 45-60 minute stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park. In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks. Total distance covered during tour: 290 km
- In-bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Admission to the Fontana Baths (Swimsuit & Towel not incl.)
What do I need to bring
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
For the Fontana Spa: Bring a swimsuit and a towel.