GOLDEN CIRCLE & SECRET LAGOON
Enjoy a relaxing visit to the Secret Lagoon after seeing some of Iceland’s most famous sights.
Tour duration 9,5 Hours
Prise en charge disponible
Réservez en ligne pour obtenir une confirmation immédiate
Hidden Treasure & The Golden Circle
The Golden Circle Classic is our bestselling day tour! Follow in the footsteps of the vikings of old as you walk down into the rift valley where the American and Eurasian continental plates are literally pulling apart at Þingvellir National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the birthplace of the oldest existing parliament. Witness the steaming geothermal springs as the ground trembles and hot water spouts spectacularly skywards from the famous Strokkur Geyser at home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland's most iconic natural attraction. Experience the magnificence and power of Gullfoss Waterfall, a set of glacial river cascades falling 32 meters into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
The last stop on our tour, and the most relaxing, is the Secret Lagoon. Whatever the weather, this is the perfect spot for relaxing in between sightseeing and enjoying Icelandic nature. Indeed, the geothermal hot water is a hidden treat that Icelanders have been enjoying for generations! Around the Secret Lagoon you can also find several hot spots, even a little Geysir that erupts every 5 minutes, showing off for the guests bathing in the hot spring.
This is the perfect combination of activities including stunning sightseeing and a heavenly bath in a geothermal hot spring set in a gorgeous location!
- Starting off in Reykjavik from our Reykjavik terminal at Skógarhlíð 10 we will depart for Þingvellir, a 45-60 minute ride.
- The tour starts with Þingvellir National Park, the UNESCO World Heritage Site. Here you walk down the path into a rift valley and admire the view while learning about Icelandic history.
- The next stop is at Geysir Hot Springs, the home of the one-and-only original geyser and Iceland’s most iconic natural attraction. Steaming hot water erupts from the famous Strokkur Geyser every few minutes.
- The Gullfoss Waterfall, an awesome sight to behold, is the next stop. Here a powerful glacial river cascades down 32 meters on two levels and into a narrow canyon with a thunderous roar.
- A short 30 minute ride brings you to the Secret Lagoon, where you will have about 2hrs to enjoy the relaxing waters of this natural hot spring pool.
- We then drive you back towards Reykjavik to our Reykjavik Terminal. If you booked a SmartBus pickup, you will be taken back to your place of stay from here.
This tour is 9.5 hours long including travel time and the time you spend at each location. You spend at least 45 minutes at the major stops giving you plenty of time to enjoy the nature and to take some pictures.
Total distance covered: 290 km or 180 mi
- Please show up at our Reykjavik Terminal (located at Skógarhlíð 10) 15 minutes prior to the departure time. Please be ready at your pick up point with your voucher, either in digital or printed form.
- If you have booked a hotel pickup with Smartbus™, please be at your chosen pickup location 30 minutes before the departure of the tour. Look for the Green Smartbus™ which will be outside your accommodation at within the 30 minutes of pickup.
- You will be traveling in a coach that holds approximately 40-65 people, but is very spacious and comfortable. It is featured with lavatory facilites as standard and there will be plenty of stops where facilities can be used. The bus offers free wifi and USB charging ports.
- Lunch is not included, In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
- Available all year round (depending on weather)
- Prices: Teenagers 10-15 years 50% discount & children 0-9 years old free
- There is no minimum number of participants.
- There is no age limit
- Bring with you: Bathing Suit & Towel for the Secret Lagoon (these can also be rented at the Secret Lagoon).
- For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
- For your own comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm, waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so expect the unexpected. Bring a waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves. Good outdoor shoes are recommended.
- Duration: Approx. 9,5 hours including a stop at Geysir Hot Springs, Gullfoss Waterfall and Þingvellir National Park. In Geysir & Gullfoss there are shops where you can buy food and drinks.
Ce qui est inclus
- In bus audio guide with a choice of 10 languages (English, French, German, Dutch, Italian, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean and Finnish)
- Knowledgeable local guide
- Admission to the sights
- Free Wi-Fi and USB-charger for each seat
- Admission to the Secret Lagoon
Ce que je dois apporter
For the In-Bus-Audio-Guide: Bring your own headphones. Otherwise headphones are available for purchase in every bus from our hosts.
For your comfort: Dress according to weather. In Iceland it is always wise to dress in warm waterproof clothes. Weather changes can be sudden so be prepared for all weather conditions. Waterproof jacket and pants, headwear and gloves, and warm socks/waterproof shoes are recommended.
For the Secret Lagoon: Swimsuit and Towel. These may also be rented at the secret lagoon.